Monday, March 23, 2009

Do you have those days where you feel like everything is going wrong all at once? I don't mean major life threatening problems, but just a compilation of little things that just make you want to scream?! I am having one of those days.

I thought I'd look for a scripture verse to keep me motivated and keep me going, help me to realize that none of the little things (like the broken fridge, problematic computer, the tiling contractor who is here to redo the bathroom that has spent all day working on the plumbing instead).

Here's what I found:

Rejoice in hope; Be patient in suffering; Be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12

Though I am surrounded by troubles, my God will preserve me against the anger of my enemies. He will clench his fist against my angry enemies! His power will save me. The Lord will work out his plans for my life--for his faithful love endures forever. Psalm 138:7-8

I am overcome with joy because of God's unfailing love, for He has seen my troubles, and He cares about the anguish of my soul. Psalm 31:7

This is my comfort and consolation in my affliction: that Your word has revived me and given me life. Psalm 119:50

No, my problems are not real problems, just minor annoyances. But I wonder what the enemy will try to push us to when we are trying to walk in righteousness. Patience? Endurance? Faithfulness? Anger?

Oh my! And now the pipes are making a really loud clanging sound, likely disturbing the sleeping child who had refused to take a nap today. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment