Sunday, March 22, 2009

Zechariah 12:5

My personal favorite scripture:

Great strength comes from faith in God. Zechariah 12:5

I have this scripture in a frame that I bought years ago hanging on my wall. I was going through a really tough time and when I saw it in the store, it spoke to me so much that I couldn't leave without it. This scripture has sustained me through some difficult moments.

However, just a few moments ago I decided to look up the scripture, just to do my own referencing. I found the verse is quite different from the quote on the wall art. The scripture according to the New International Version reads:

5 Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.' Zech 12:5

I am glad to have this verse translated this way. I think sometimes it's too easy to read through a passage and miss the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment